The IOS has its 25th anniversary in 2017, and a superb way to celebrate it will be to get yourself to the Czech Republic in July where, during Oak Open Days based at his arboretum near Podebrady, enthusiastic and dynamic IOS member Dusan Placek is sponsoring a "Birthday Banquet" for participants.
Join the IOS
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the international Oak Society!
As a member you will:
- Receive Oak News & Notes, our newsletter which is published twice a year; and, International Oaks, the full color journal of the IOS, published once a year;
- Be able to participate in the triennial conferences and unique seed exchanges;
- Be able to participate in many oak-related events all over the world such as the Oak Open Days and others.
- Access the « members only » parts of our website, and chiefly the on-line membership directory, an invaluable network of contacts in over 30 countries on six continents and the full archive of International Oaks.
Current membership types are the following:
- Standard membership (1-2 persons in the same household): 1 issue of the Society’s Journal International Oaks, 2 issues of the newsletter Oak News & Notes (print or email), access to “members only” resources on website, ability to attend triennial conferences and seed exchanges
- Supporting Membership (1-2 persons in the same household): full standard membership benefits, recognition in International Oaks (with possible opt-out)
- Life Membership (1-2 persons in same household): full standard membership benefits for life
- Student Membership: full standard membership benefits for 1 year (ON&N by email only). This membership is not available on line. Students must submit proof of current enrollment. Please contact membership management at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Institutional / Corporate Membership (3-year membership): full standard membership benefits for three years, unlimited number of staff members of the institution or business can attend IOS events, recognition in International Oaks. NOTE: Institutions, which just need a copy of our publications for instance, may join at the Standard rate
Standard and Supporting memberships are available at one-, two-, or three-year rates.
To become a member of the society, you need to have a username and password to access the Web site.
If you do not have a username and password to access our Web site, you need to create an account. Creating an account on the IOS website is free of charge and will give you limited access to the Web site. To access all of the features, you must be a member of the IOS. If you so wish, you will be given the opportunity to subscribe a membership after creating an account. However, there is no obligation to become a member of the Society.
Please create an account here.
If you have a username and password, please log in first here.
Note that if you are already a member, you need only to create an account to have full access. The site will recognize you as long as you use the email address that you have communicated to IOS membership management when you became a member.